Department of Movement Science
Shari Bartz-Smith PhD, AT, ATC, CSCS
Office: B2-212 Mackinac Hall
Phone: (616) 331-3044
2003 - Ph.D. University of Alabama and University of Alabama-Birmingham - Health Education and Health Promotion
Dissertation: An Exploration of Eating Disorder Policies at NCAA Division I Institutions
1995 - M.A. Ed University of Alabama-Birmingham - Exercise Physiology
Thesis: Strength Characteristics in Collegiate and High School Baseball Pitchers
1992 - B.S. Grand Valley State University - Major: Health Science, Emphasis: Athletic Training
- ATH 495: Org and Admin in Athletic Training
- ATH 330: Clinical IV in Athletic Training
- ATH 320: Clinical III in Athletic Training
- MOV 300: Kinesiology
- ATH 225: Athletic Training Emergency Care
- PED 217: Modern Principles of Athletic Training Lab
PED 102: First Aid
Program Director – Athletic Training Education Program
Chair – University Assessment Committee, Grand Valley State University
Bartz, S, Kautzky, K, Schwab, E. & Szocynski. Effects of Stability Ball Training on Shoulder Injuries in High School Football Linemen, Planning, Scholarly.
- VanGelder*, L. & Bartz, S. (2011). The effect of acute stretching on agility performance. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 25(11), 3014-3021.
- Bartz, S. & Klingensmith, E. (2011). The well-being of the athletic trainer. In Michael Miller and David Berry (Ed.), Emergency Medical Care for Athletic Trainers. Clifton Park: Delmar Learning.
- Bartz, S. (2009). Components of the Eating Disorder Program. In M. Brunet (Ed.), Unique Considerations for the Female Athlete. Clifton Park, NY: Delmar Learning.
- Bartz, S. (2009). Development of the Eating Disorder Policy. In M. Brunet (Ed.), Unique Considerations for the Female Athlete. Clifton Park, NY: Delmar Learning.
Bartz, S. (2009). Development of the Eating Disorder Referral Program. In M. Brunet (Ed.), Unique Considerations for the Female Athlete. Clifton Park, NY: Delmar Learning.
Recent Conference Presentations
- Bartz, S., Grand Rapids Public Schools Athletics Professional Development, Grand Rapids Public Schools, Grand Rapids, MI, "Risk Management - Safety Considerations for the Prevention of Injury", Academic, Local, published in proceedings, Invited. (November 8, 2011).
- Bartz, S., MAHPERD Convention 2011 - "QUALITY (RE)CONSIDERED, Michigan Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance, Dearborn, MI, "New Laws for the Athletic Trainer, New Considerations: Tips for Hiring an Athletic Trainer at your School", Academic, State, published in proceedings, Invited. (November 5, 2011).
- Bartz, S., Crawley, A. A., National Girls and Women in Sports Day, GVSU Women's Center, Grand Valley State University, "Resistance Training for the Middle School Athlete", Non-Academic, Regional, published in proceedings, Invited. (October 22, 2011).
- Bartz, S. (Presenter Only), Michigan Athletic Trainers Society Annual Professional Education Conference, Michigan Athletic Trainers Society, Thompsonville, MI, "Creating a Climate of Self-care for the Athletic Trainer", State, Invited. (June 11, 2011).
Page last modified July 7, 2014