High School Piano Day
Grand Valley State University
5th High School Piano Day
"How to Prepare for a College Audition"
Friday, November 1, 2013
10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Master Class with GVSU Piano Faculty
Performance by GVSU Piano Students
Dr. Giuseppe Lupis, With more than twenty years of experience in the musical field, pianist and composer Giuseppe Lupis frequently concertizes in the United States, Europe, and South America. Lupis is also an active clinician. He has given masterclasses in South Korea, Brazil, Italy, Ukraine, and the United States, including The Gilmore's KeyFest. His piano works have been broadcast by Sky Classica TV, TV2000, Rai3 Lazio, Vatican Radio and performed at the Berlin Philharmonie, Queen Elizabeth Theatre in Vancouver, Opera House in Copenhagen, Martha Argerich Presents Project in Buenos Aires; in Rome, London, Rio de Janeiro, New York, Chicago, Dallas, Seoul, and across the United States, Canada, Italy, Poland, Finland, Belgium, United Kingdom, Bulgaria, Kazakhstan, and South Korea. A former pupil of Aldo Ciccolini, Giuseppe Lupis holds a Doctorate from the University of Georgia and serves on the piano faculty at Grand Valley State University.
Some GVSU student achievements include:
• Winner of the Grand Rapids Youth Simphony Orchestra (GRYSO) Concerto Competition (2011)
• Soloist with GRYSO. De Vos Performance Hall, Grand Rapids, MI. George Gershwin, Rhapsody in Blue. February 27, 2011.
• Winner of the Rosamond Haeberle Piano Award (2011)
• Master in Collaborative Piano at Michigan State University (2010). Scholarship.
• Music Director at Immanuel Lutheran Church, Grand Rapids, MI
• Recipient of Office of Undergraduate Research and Scholarship APEF Grant (2010). College Music Society Great Plains Regional Conference. University of Nebraska, Omaha, NE.
• Master in Music Theory at Michigan State University (2011). Assistantship.
• Director of Music at Brentwood United Methodist Church, Brentwood, TN.
• Recipient of Office of Undergraduate Research and Scholarship APEF Grant (2012). Montage Civic Orchestra (2012). Fullerton, CA.
• Intern at international music festival Binetto Grumo Festival (2012). Binetto and Grumo Appula, Italy.
Local community outreach performances:
• Cook Valley Estates, Grand Rapids, MI
• Heron Woods Retirement Home, Grand Rapids, MI
• Newhall Community Church
High School Pianists, if you want to:
- make practice work for you
- solve technical problems
- get into a top university program
- play a successful audition
Come to the GVSU High School Piano Day (brochure) and find out how!
- Send your piano students to us for the day! We will send them back motivated and eager to play
- Come yourself to enjoy sessions that will help your piano students sound better
The day is COMPLETELY FREE and includes a brown bag lunch, but space is limited and registration is necessary. Certificates of Participation will be awarded to all Students and Teachers. Students performing in a masterclass will receive a Performance Certificate.
Grand Valley State University Scholarship opportunities:
Page last modified April 16, 2013