News and Information Services
December 4, 2013
Photos with Santa and Louie Saturday
December 3, 2013
Fall Arts Holiday Celebration to feature Very English Christmas Music
December 2, 2013
Meijer co-chair to address GVSU graduates
November 27, 2013
KCON faculty member lobbies for nurse practitioner bill
November 27, 2013
Lakers head to Colorado for second-round football playoff game
- See all GVNow news items
Who we are:
News and Information Services is a unit of the University Relations Division. We provide a variety of services and products to tell the Grand Valley story to audiences within the university and those reached through the mass media. Our services include:
- Media Relations/News Releases
- Photography Services
- Crisis Communications
- Media Training
- Event Support
- Live Webcasting
Approval from an executive officer is required for live webcasting and video services. When a request is submitted, NIS will review the video project and contact the requester for more information.
News and Information products include:
- Forum: A newsletter for faculty and staff members and retirees.
- GVNow: Video features like "Around Grand Valley" and daily campus news reports are a part of this online publication.
- Grand Valley Magazine: Quarterly magazine for the Grand Valley community that includes profiles, features, research news and news about alumni and campus events.
- Videos: NIS produces convocation and commencement videos, along with special projects, as approved by an executive officer.
- Success Stories: These items, located on the Grand Valley homepage, tell the unique accomplishments of students, faculty and staff members, and alumni.
- Sources Guide: This guide is an online topical arrangement of faculty and staff members who can serve as sources for reporters looking for commentary on breaking news stories or subjects for features.
- Arts & Events Calendar: The online calendar list arts and cultural events for the campus community.
Page last modified January 31, 2011