Using ooVoo for Interviews
If you would like to conduct interviews via ooVoo, please follow these instructions:
- Download ooVoo via GVSU’s ooVoo website and activate your account.
- Create a department account (i.e. GVSU IT Department) to use while interviewing.
- The free GVSU business plan includes advertisements. In order to conduct your interview "ad free", it is recommended that Departments purchase at least one ooVoo Premium plan with no advertisements at the reduced cost of only $29.99 per year. For more information click here.
- If you already have an ooVoo account, click here to enter your ooVoo ID or e-mail address and password, and then click 'Submit' to automatically upgrade your account.
- Familiarize yourself with the program.
- Reserve one of the following conference rooms and be sure to reserve the room for at least 30 minutes before the interview(s) begin. Arrive at the conference room fifteen minutes before the first scheduled interview.
MAK B-2-226 - User provides equipment or reserves ooVoo computer and camera from IT office*
MAK B-2-241 - Built-in camera with integrated microphone
MAK D-2-168 - User provides equipment or reserves ooVoo computer and camera from IT office*
*NOTE: Please contact the IT office, firstname.lastname@example.org, in advance of your meeting to reserve the equipment.
CHS 340 - Built-in camera with integrated microphone
DEV 202A (SCB Meeting Room) - User provides equipment
University Center, Suite 102 - Built-in camera with integrated microphone
- Make sure the candidates are added as contacts prior to the scheduled interview.
- For technical reasons, it is advised to keep the number of people present in the room to a minimum; three to four people is best. You may ask the candidates’ permission to have their interview recorded so that other committee members can view the interview. After the recordings are viewed and a decision is made, then the recordings may be deleted.
- On-site ooVoo technical support is now available for GVSU Faculty and Staff who would like assistance when conducting an ooVoo interview or conference. For more information on how to schedule a student technician visit our ooVoo support reservation page.
NOTE: All classrooms on the Allendale, Holland and Pew Campuses are permanently equipped with a web cam/mic for conducting ooVoo conferences.
Page last modified January 22, 2013