PCEC Advising Center
The Seymour and Esther Padnos College of Engineering and Computing, in concert with the Padnos International Center, are committed to providing study abroad opportunities for students studying Engineering, Computer Science, and Information Systems.
For information on the programs available to GVSU students, please visit the Padnos International Center website.
As you begin to work on your study abroad experience, you will work with three offices: Padnos International Center, PCEC Advising, School Directors from Engineering OR Computing & Informaiton Systems. Below is an overview of what you can expect from each area:
Role of PCEC Engineering & Computing Advising Center
- Assist students in creating an academic plan that incorporates an international experience. Early advising is strongly rec-ommended. Students are encouraged to discuss international opportunities during their first year at GVSU.
- Assist students in understanding sequence of courses and when an international experience is most feasible.
- Students will meet with the PCEC prior to admission into their degree program.
Role of School Director - Joe Ianelli, Engineering, and Paul Leidig, Computing)
- Students will meet with their designated faculty advisor and the School Director after they are admitted into their program.
- Recommend programs that would best meet the academic and professional interests of the student.
- Approval all international opportunities that will count towards a student’s degree at GVSU.
Role of Padnos International Center
- Facilitate the registration process at GVSU (OASIS application and course registration process)
- Advise students on financial aid and other general pre-departure information.
- Advise students on a range of different program options available.
Page last modified November 28, 2012