INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY ~ SUMMER 2013
Who We Are
The community Volunteer Center at Heart of West Michigan United Way mobilizes volunteers to meet community needs. As part of our efforts, we facilitate group volunteer events for many companies in the area. We are seeking an intern to help us develop a pool of projects that will be available for companies to choose from throughout the year. These projects will be posted on our volunteer matching system, HandsOn Connect.
The internship will provide a rich learning experience including the following:
- Acquaint the intern with various local nonprofit organizations and the role that the community Volunteer Center at United Way plays in the community
- Provide experience regarding partnerships between area companies and nonprofit organizations
- Provide training and meaningful work related to matching skills and interests to community needs.
- Introduce the intern to HandsOn Connect, an online volunteer matching system
- Provide an opportunity to assist with evaluation of corporate engagement
The person selected should have strong communication and computer skills, enjoy learning about both nonprofit and corporate organizations, and have an interest in promoting volunteerism to build a stronger community.
The Volunteer Center is open to adding or adjusting responsibilities according to the strengths and interests of the individual selected. The internship can also be tailored to meet the requirements established by university.
The Volunteer Center is committed to providing interns with a quality experience that trains them for the future. The intern will gain workplace experience, improve communication skills, be exposed to new ideas, make valuable employment contacts, and gain business writing and web site management experience.
This is an unpaid position and requires a commitment of approximately twelve hours a week. Please contact Rosanne Holton at 752-8386 or email@example.com if you are interested.
Page last modified April 2, 2013