2014 April HOME
Empowering Chemical Educators for a Greener Tomorrow
August 3-7, 2014 Grand Valley State University Allendale, Michigan USA
Sponsored by The Division of Chemical Education of the American Chemical Society
Register now to attend the 23rd BCCE. You can register online at the official BCCE website ( http://www.bcce2014.org). Register before June 1st, 2014 for discounted rate. If you register before June 1st regular registration is $300 and high school educators can register for $175.
The program will provide a variety of workshops, presentations, plenary speakers, and exhibits for teachers of chemistry at all levels. See the website for a list of workshops and symposia. The plenary speakers include:
- John C. Warner, President of Beyond Benign Foundation and CTO for Warner Babcock Institute for Green Chemistry
- Lennie Scott-Weber, Director of Education Environments for Steelcase Education Solutions
- Charlie Bamforth, Anheuser-Busch Endowed Professor of Malting and Brewing Sciences and Distinguished Professor at UC Davis
- Holly Walter Kirby, Founder of Fusion Science Theater and instructor of chemistry and playwriting at Madison Area Technical College
Workshops specifically for High School Teachers:
- I Teach AP Chemistry-Are Inquiry Labs Necessary?
- Engineering: The Missing Piece of the Puzzle
- Microscale chemistry from the United Kingdom
- The POGIL Project Workshop: POGIL in High School Chemistry Courses
- Atoms, Molecules, and Ions, Oh My! Particulate Level Chemistry Inquiry Activities
- Teaching and Learning Inquiry in Chemistry Using Bonding
- Successful Inquiry Labs for AP Chemistry
- ChemSource, the NGSS, and the Particulate Nature of Matter
- Putting the Green in the Next Generation Science Standards
For information about housing and travel to Allendale, please visit the conference website at http://www.bcce2014.org For questions, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.