Registered Student Organization Handbook
Banners and Outdoor Signs
Permission for the hanging of banners is obtained through the Office of Student Life. Banners are not allowed to hang longer than three weeks without the permission of the Office of Student Life. Twelve locations are designated to hang banners in the Kirkhof Center Lobby. Banners should be printed by University Promotions for uniform size and appearance. Banner prices range in price from $5.00 to $15.00 per linear foot.
Banner Hanging Specifications:
- Banners are to be hung using blue, post-it tape.
- Banners may not be attached to any part of the wall surface.
- All banners must hang so as to avoid interference with passing traffic.
- Banners may not exceed more than 6 feet in length.
- Banners must provide 7 feet clearance between the floor and bottom edge of the banner to allow for clear traffic flow.
Outdoor banners must be approved by the Office of Student Life and Facilities. They are only allowed in two locations: the northwest corner of the Student Services Building and the south campus courtyard.
Real estate style signs for event announcements require a five day notice. Contact Facilities or the Office of Student Life for posting of signs. These are posted at entrances around the clock tower, by Student Services, and the south campus courtyard.
No handwritten signs are allowed on campus without permission of from the Office of Student Life.
Page last modified November 16, 2009