- About the CSLC
Find Volunteer & Service Opportunities Here!
- Overview of Opportunities
- CSLC Sponsored Programs & Events Overview
- Event Specific Opportunities!
- On-Going Opportunities!
- Nonprofit and Community Partner Internships
- Post Graduation Service Opportunities
- Other Service Opportunities at GVSU
- Volunteer Service Trips
- On-Campus Opportunities!
- Service Tracker
- Overview of How to Get involved with the CSLC
- Leadership and Service Internship
- CSLC Ambassadors Program
- College Positive Volunteer
- Service & Advocacy Organizations
- Housing Service-Learning Partnership
- Get Connected
- For Nonprofits & Community Partners
- For Faculty & Staff
Forms & Resources
- GVSU Resources
- State & National Resources
- Volunteer Experience on Resumes
- What is Service-Learning?
- Request a Presentation, Training, or Consultation
- Awards & Recognition
- Student Life Homepage
GVSU - Allendale
1110 B Kirkhof Center
Allendale, MI 49401
What is Service-Learning?
Service Learning- In broad terms, “service-learning combines service objectives with learning objectives with the intent that the activity changes both the recipient and the provider of the service. This is accomplished by combining service tasks with structured opportunities that link the task to self-reflection, self-discovery, and the acquisition and comprehension of values, skills, and knowledge content” (Learn and Serve America’s National Service-Learning Clearinghouse).
Service Learning Cycle: National Youth Leadership Council
The Five Critical Elements of Thoughtful Service: Butler University
Page last modified October 12, 2011