Advertising & Public Relations - Get Involved!
Links of interest to APR Majors
- Public Relations Society of America (PRSA)
- Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA)
- GVSU PRSSA
- GVSU PRSSA Blog
- Grand PR -- Part of PRSSA, a student-run PR firm
- West Michigan Chapter of Public Relations Society of America
- American Advertising Federation
- American Advertising Federation West Michigan
- GVSU Ad Club Facebook Group & GVSU Ad Club Facebook page
- GVSU Ad Club Twitter Feed
- Advertising Educational Foundation
- Interactive Advertising Bureau
- International Advertising Association
EMPLOYERS -- Three Ways to Work With Advertising & Public Relations Students
1. Be a class client.
Three of our Advertising/Public Relations courses take on clients from the community for whom students do projects. In Media Relations Writing students work individually to create a media kit that clients can send to journalists on a targeted contact lists students provide. In Corporate Communications Writing students work individually to create an organizational communication audit and plan and then write four communication tactics based on that plan. In Advertising and Public Relations Campaigns students work in teams of 4-5 members as Ad/PR agencies to create a complete campaign plan including research, action plan, communication tactics, and evaluation methods.
2. Hire an intern.
The School of Communications has nearly 120 interns in the field each semester, representing eight majors—most of them in Advertising and PR. To start the process of getting an intern, you need to provide an internship job description that the School of Communications will make available to students.
3. Hire Grand PR, the student-run PR firm.
Students in the School of Communications Advertising/PR major have one of only 20 nationally affiliated student-run PR firms in the nation. Part of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) chapter at GVSU, these students take on a variety of clients to complete many communications projects for a nominal fee. Contact the students directly via their agency web site: www.grandPR.org
Page last modified January 29, 2014