School of Social Work
B.S.W. Field Practicum
Field practicum is a significant and integral part of the student's total professional training. In the fall semester of the junior year, students are required to complete SW 348 - Field Practicum Laboratory. In the course students are required to complete and submit the Application for Field Practicum in Social Work. The minimum requirements for entering practicum are:
- An overall 2.5 GPA.
- A minimum B- (2.7 GPA) in cognate courses required for BSW Candidacy.
- An overall 3.0 GPA in social work courses.
- Maintenance of official "candidacy status"
- Completion of all first-, second- and third-year required courses.
- A schedule that allows two full days of fieldwork during the fall and winter semesters.
Page last modified December 18, 2009