Travelex Payments For International Students
Travelex – An International Student Payment Option
Grand Valley State University has contracted Travelex, a specialist in global business payments to provide you with a simple and low cost method of paying student account charges and housing deposits to Grand Valley State University in your own currency. If you choose to proceed, click on the link below and you will be transferred to a secure website where you will receive instructions on how to complete the payment to a local banking institution in your currency of choice.
Remember that payment may take 5-7 days to post to your student account. If you are making this payment close to or on a payment deadline date, you should contact the Student Accounts office by 3:00 p.m. (15:00) Eastern Standard Time (New York) at 1-800-789-1923 or 1-616-331-2209. The Student Accounts Office is open Monday through Friday.
Advantages of using Travelex’s Bank to Bank Transfer include:
• You can easily make a bank to bank transfer by choosing the “Travelex Bank to Bank Transfer” link found below.
• You make your payment in the currency of your choice which will then be converted to United States dollars.
• There are NO transaction charges from Travelex or Grand Valley State University for transactions in international currency, though you may be charged a transaction fee by your bank. A $25 charge from Travelex will be assessed on bank transfers within the US.
• The exchange rate is valid for 72 hours after you have initiated the transaction. Your confirmation and payment must be received by Travelex within that period.
• The exchange rate is competitive when compared to retail rates of your financial institution and for many students their bank service fees are also reduced because the transaction is being initiated as a local transfer.
• Payments received will include your reference information and will ensure that your payment reaches your student account.
Travelex Bank to Bank Transfer
Page last modified April 6, 2011