Student Employment Office
OFF CAMPUS LAKERJOBS INSTRUCTIONS
Access the LakerJobs-Employer Page.
Click "Employers Enter Here".
If current user and know your User ID, enter user id and password, click on "login"
If new user, click on "click here to register". Enter your name in "Find Your Organization".
If you locate your name, place check mark in box, then click "continue". If you do not find your name click "Can't find your Organization" button.
You will then complete the Employer Information:
- Put your last name-Household as the "organization name". Example: Smith-Household
- Fill in all boxes
- You may enter a user name and password of your choosing, this is what you will use to log into LakerJobs.
- Fill in all boxes
- We must have full name and address. However, if you prefer that the students do not have access to this information -- choose "no" to allow students to view your contact information.
After clicking on "register" , the system will take you to a home page. From there you may:
- Update your contact information by selecting My Profile.
- Add a job by selecting "My Jobs" - "New Job"
- Edit a job by selecting "My Jobs" - "Job List"
Adding New Job (Do not add a job if you are updating your current job.)
- Click on My Jobs, then New Job. Enter job information. Fields with asterisks (*) are required.
- If wage is negotiable or you are not sure of wage, enter zeros in wage.
- Under "Posting Information" Applicant Type - All Students.
- Under "Show Contact Info" there is an option for you to indicate whether you want contact information viewed or not. If you do not wish to have your address available choose "no".
- Under "Posting Information" a Banner Position number and Org Number is required. Enter "Off Campus" for both fields. (This information is used for on-campus employers.)
After adding a job or making changes to an existing job, the information will be reviewed by Student Employment before it is activated on LakerJobs.
Please note: Access to LakerJobs is limited to students admitted to GVSU.
Page last modified May 10, 2013