Scavenger Hunts, Bonfires, and Off Campus Facilities
Student Organizations are permitted to host scavenger hunts on campus. To protect the integrity of the learning process as well as the safety of members please following the following guidelines:
- Scavenger hunts should not be an activity for "new members" only, but an interactive time for all members.
- No academic space can be used during a scavenger hunt.
- Scavenger hunts should be limited to a specific area of campus. No travel via car is permitted.
- All activities should end by dark or at 10:00 pm at the latest.
- Do not disrupt any other activities on campus.
- Residential areas are off limits.
Please contact the Office of Student LIfe with any questions.
Outdoor fires are prohibited on GVSU campus unless specific permission has been granted. Registered student organizations are eligible to hold outdoor fire events when approved in advance by the Assistant Director of Event Services.
Registered student organizations requesting permission for a fire must obtain and complete the Bonfire Application form and get approval a minimum of five working days in advance of the requested date. The application form must be completed and submitted to Event Services. Notification of approval will be confirmed via e-mail.
Off Campus Facilites
Student organizations that will be using university funds to lease facilities off campus must have the contract approved by the Director of Student Life. This contract must be approved and processed before any activity takes place.
Page last modified August 1, 2012