Student Org Center
Student Organization Review Board
The purpose of the Student Organization Review Board (SORB) is to:
- Review student organization registration requests and determine classification status.
- Review complaints regarding student organizations and conduct the Student Organization Misconduct Review Process.
- Coordinate and oversee the annual student organization recognition and awards process.
The Student Organization Review Board will meet on a monthly basis during the fall and winter semesters. Additional meetings may be scheduled as needed. Attendance at meetings is required by board members. A quorum of five SORB members is required to conduct official business. SORB meetings are closed meetings unless approved by the chair in advance.
The Student Organization Review Board will consist of the following nine members:
- Assistant Director of Student Life (Chair).
- Student Senate President or designated Cabinet Member.
- Two students appointed by the Director of Student Life.
- Two professional staff representative from the Division of Student Services.
- One graduate assistant from the Office of Student Life appointed by the Director of Student Life.
- One student staff assistant from the Office of Student Life (non-voting)
The Director or Associate Director of Student Life will act as the SORB Chair if the Assistant Director of Student Life is unable due to absence or conflict of interest. Vacancies will be filled by the Director of Student Life.
Dates and times for Fall 2013 and Winter 2014 coming soon!
New Student Organization Orientation
Page last modified May 15, 2013