- To provide the members of Dance Troupe an opportunity to choreograph and express their passion for dance.
- To provide a recreational dance club/group for all GVSU students.
- To share, spread, and expose the art of dance throughout campus and the surrounding communities.
- To donate to charitable organizations by dedicating our recital each semester to an organization and raising funds and collecting supplies for the organization.
THE YEAR IN REVIEW:
- Campus Night Life: Dance Troupe sponsores a table to recruit members and gives out information and candy!
- Weekly Meetings: Held Sunday evening in 132 LHH to provide information about upcoming events and other important organizational information.
- SPIRIT Week: The week of the recital, Dance Troupe has rehearsals Sunday through Thursday evenings to prepare for recital. This week is also our Spirit Week, we have a theme for each day of Hell Week and members are encouraged to dress up and show their Dance Troupe spirit.
- Recital: At the end of each semester Dance Troupe has a recital and we have three shows, one Friday and two Saturday.
- Cast Party: The Sunday of recital weekend the members of Dance Troupe are invited to have lunch and an end of semester party at Lincoln Lanes Country Club to celebrate a great recital weekend.
- President: Jacqueline Sevic
- Vice President: Lindsay Harting
- Secretary: Sarah Swietlik
- Treasurer: Dani Fritz
- Fundraising: Annemarie Mitchell
- Public Relations: TBD
- Human Resources: Liz Studt
- Weekly meetings held Sunday evenings and attendance mandatory. If a member is unable to attend the meeting, they must contact their attendance person prior to the meeting. (Two excused absences are allowed per semester)
- Each dance practices once a week.
- Dance troupe offers three to four fundraising opportunities each semester and participation in at least two is mandatory to participate in the recital at the end of the semester.
- Dues are $25 each semester, any late dues will have $1 added each week until they are paid. If you have financial concerns, please contact the treasurer to make arrangements.
- Registration on STUEY is mandatory at the beginning of each semester. If you are not a registered member, you cannot participate in the recital.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.