Secular Alliance at Grand Valley
Service & Advocacy
Grand Valley Secular Alliance provides a community for student freethinkers to explore ideas from a rational, scientific, and non-theistic perspective. GVSA is committed to:
- Providing an environment in which all viewpoints can be expressed within civil discourse.
- Encourage the application of reason and science to the understanding of the universe and to the solution of human problems without reference to supernatural explanations.
- Facilitate free inquiry and for the universal moral and ethical principles that are founded on enlightened self-interest and reason; also, oppose any oppression of the human mind by efforts of ecclesiastical, political, ideological, or any other social institutions to shackle free thought.
- Uphold the separation between church and state.
We believe that all human values should be grounded in a profound respect for life, personal freedom, and the universe in which we live.
Grand Valley State University Faculty Advisor:
• Dr. Luke Galen (Psychology Department)
CFI on Campus is a registered student organization at GVSU.
This page was last edited on August 25, 2012 at 2:56 PM