Sustainable Community Development Initiative
Issues & Themes
Sustainability—including issues related to the environment, population, natural resources, economic development, social justice, energy, etc.
Student Learning Outcomes
All courses in the Sustainability Issue help students learn the following:
1. How the course relates to sustainability.
2. How complementary and competing perspectives covered in the course contribute to the ongoing discussion about sustainability.
3. Collaboration - two or more students working together and sharing the workload equitably as they progress toward shared learning objectives.
4. Problem Solving - the process of designing and evaluating strategies to answer open-ended questions or achieve desired goals.
5. Integration - the process of synthesizing and applying existing knowledge, past experiences, and other perspectives to new, complex situations.
For more detailed information regarding Issues courses, refer to the General Education Issues List.
For information regarding Themes courses, please click here.
Page last modified August 18, 2014