University Assessment Committee
January 23, 2014
Due May 20, 2014 - Self-Studies with Assessment Reports
January 23, 2014
Due December 7, 2014 - Assessment Reports
August 29, 2013
Due December 7, 2013
August 31, 2012
Due May 20, 2013 Self-Studies including Assessment Report in Weave
2.01.A4 - University Assessment Committee (UAC):
i. Faculty Membership: Faculty membership of the UAC consists of seven faculty members from CLAS, two from Seidman College of Business, one from each of the remaining colleges, one from the university libraries.
Academic unit representatives serve three-year staggered terms beginning at the end of the winter semester.
ii. Service unit Membership: Service unit membership of the UAC consists of five representatives with at least one representative from each of three areas: Advising, Student Services, and Academic Services/Information Technology. Representatives will be appointed by the Provost.
Service unit representatives serve three-year staggered terms beginning fall semester.
iii. Student Membership: One undergraduate and one graduate student representative selected by the Student Senate for a term of one year.
iv. Administration Membership: The Provost or designee ex officio, non-voting.
v. Responsibilities: The UAC is responsible for:
- Providing leadership and support to university constituents as they design and implement the six year self-study report and three year student learning outcome assessment plans/reports based on best practices
- Reviewing and providing feedback on assessment plans, reports, and self-studies submitted by all academic programs and most service units.*
- Providing instructions for reporting formats and schedules.
- Provide feedback to Administration in support of ongoing accreditation standards as set forth by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Conducting initial and refresher user training in Weave Online
- Maintaining and updating the UAC website, Blackboard site, and automated timeline and notification system..
*Service unit representatives are appointed to serve as the primary reviewer of reports submitted by service units.
2013-2014 Committee Charge:
For additional information about the University Assessment Committee policies and/or procedures, please contact Shari Bartz-Smith, UAC chair, email@example.com.
For policies and procedures associated with self study reports and assessment, please see "UAC Philosophy & Policies."
Page last modified March 11, 2014