Unsung Hero Award 2014
Sponsored by the Women’s Commission
This award honors the contributions of those who improve the GVSU community who may not be well known by the general public for the outstanding efforts they make.
This annual award is presented to an individual who goes above and beyond to improve the lives of faculty, staff and students. The Unsung Hero Award will be presented at the annual Women’s Commission Celebrating Women Awards Ceremony.
Nominations are encouraged from all employment groups at Grand Valley. The nomination and selection process is confidential. Please do not notify the candidate of your decision to nominate him or her. Any member of the Grand Valley community may be nominated for this award, and will be judged in part on these qualifications:
- A person who has contributed to the mission, vision, and values at Grand Valley State University.
- A person who has positively influenced the GVSU and/or surrounding community from behind the scenes.
- A person who is committed to improving the lives of students, faculty, and staff at Grand Valley and/or in the community through generous acts of kindness and exhibiting compassion for the GVSU community at large.
- A person that contributes their time and talents without hesitation and with a commitment to excellence.
- The contribution can be in the recent past or over a longer period of time.
Nominations open beginning January 13, 2014
Nominations are due by 5pm Friday, February 14, 2014
Page last modified March 6, 2014