Biostatistics is the application and development of statistical techniques for the biological and health sciences.
Program Offerings at Grand Valley
The Master of Science (M.S.) in biostatistics is a Professional Science Masters (PSM) program developed in parallel with the medical and bioinformatics and cell and molecular biology programs.
For more PSM program information, visit www.gvsu.edu/psm/.
The three PSM programs are interdisciplinary and feature common core courses. The biostatistics program features:
- Directed courses in biostatistics
- An internship
- A culminating capstone experience
Masters level biostatisticians are in demand in industry, research institutions, government, and academia, including:
- Clinical medicine
- Drug development/clinical trials
- Environmental health
- Wildlife and fisheries
Why Study Biostatistics at Grand Valley?
- Masters level biostatisticians are in demand. This demand results in higher starting salaries within exciting scientific work environments.
- Partners such as the Van Andel Research Institute, Spectrum Health provide formal support for internships and continuing assistance to GVSU students.
- Graduates of the GVSU biostatistics masters program have secured employment with outstanding employers such as Van Andel Institute, Pfizer, and the Henry Ford Health System.
- The program is one of only two biostatistics Professional Science Masters programs in the country.
- Class times later in the day allow degree completion by working professionals.
- The program is very applied with an emphasis on modern statistical techniques using prominent statistical software.
For More Information
“Through their applied coursework and internships our students have strong hands-on experience in the application of statistics to the biological and health sciences. I believe our graduates will become leaders in their positions within industry and the academic world.”
View all Academic Programs offered by Grand Valley State University