- Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.)
General business is the most flexible of all business majors. It allows you to select courses from across all business disciplines rather than concentrating on a specific area. It develops your ability to perceive, identify and analyze problems, communicate potential solutions, make decisions, and monitor results.
Program Offerings at Grand Valley
General business majors pursue the Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) degree and typically fall into one of two groups:
- Those who prefer to take a generalist approach to their business education.
- Those who have entrepreneurial interests.
Students study a variety of topics, including:
- Administrative policy
- Family business
Students may work in one of the more than 90% of all businesses that have fewer than 25 employees. Such businesses employ about half of the nation's workforce. Organizations require generalists who can tackle a variety of responsibilities.
Why Study General Business at Grand Valley?
- Faculty who consult on real business issues are experts in all areas of business and have strong academic credentials.
- Current technology is integrated into courses by use of the Internet, e-commerce, and enterprise resource planning.
- Internships allow you to earn money while getting valuable business experience. They are set up to relate to your field of study and are scheduled around your classes.
- Professional networking opportunities with business leaders and the Small Business Technology Development Center.
- A campus in the heart of an exciting business environment.
- Smaller class sizes allow you and faculty to interact and get to know each other.
- Study abroad opportunities prepare you for a global society by allowing you to live within another culture and meet students from around the world. Our study abroad programs are established in 25 countries and can be customized to meet your needs and interests.
For More Information
Seidman College of Business
“The business program is strong here and that will help me when I'm out of school. The internships have given me opportunities to meet a lot of people and gain experience in the field.”
View all Academic Programs offered by Grand Valley State University