- Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.)
Accounting is the language of business. An understanding of accounting is essential to the success of any organization.
Program Offerings at Grand Valley
If you pursue the Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) in accounting, you may choose to fulfill the educational requirements for taking the examination to become a:
- Certified Public Accountant (C.P.A.)
- Certified Management Accountant (C.M.A.)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (C.F.E.)
- Certified Internal Auditor (C.I.A.)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (C.I.S.A.)
- Certified Government Auditing Professional (C.G.A.P.)
Students will study a variety of topics, including:
- Accounting systems
- Cost or managerial accounting
- Federal tax accounting
- Financial accounting
- International accounting
- Internal and external auditing
There are many job opportunities for accounting majors. Knowledge of accounting plays a key function for all organizations including: manufacturing, service, banking and insurance, government, nonprofits, auditing, tax, and consulting.
Why Study Accounting at Grand Valley?
- A variety of career opportunities are available in public accounting, industry, government, and other non-profit organizations.
- Faculty have recognized expertise in accounting systems, auditing, as well as financial, managerial accounting, and not-for-profit accounting.
- Well-paid internships are available to help students understand the roles of accountants in organizations.
- There is active involvement of the Accounting Alumni Organization including a mentorship program.
- Study abroad opportunities allow students to better understand global accounting developments and international business cultures.
- Professional development and networking opportunities are provided through Beta Alpha Psi.
- A Master of Science in Accounting (M.S.A.) and a Master of Taxation (M.S.T.) are available for students pursuing graduate education, particularly to meet the requirements to become a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
For More Information
Seidman College of Business
“Understanding the basic foundations of accounting really helped accelerate my career.”
View all Academic Programs offered by Grand Valley State University