- Master of Health Administration (M.H.A.)
The Master in Health Administration (M.H.A.) prepares graduates for managerial and leadership roles in the challenging and complex field of nonprofit healthcare administration. The curriculum develops advanced executive abilities through a combination of core competencies and specialized areas of concentration.
Program Offerings at Grand Valley
The program centers on interdisciplinary learning experiences that integrate classroom study, applied research, professional development, and field experience. The curriculum is designed to prepare students to act ethically and effectively in complex organizations and to transcend traditional boundaries in pursuit of prosperous, safe, and healthy communities.
Students will study a variety of topics, including:
- Health economics
- Research methods
- Healthcare financial management
- Healthcare law and ethics
- Quality improvement/assurance
- Health information technology
- Health policy and politics
Graduates find employment in a variety of professions, including management and/or planning positions in:
- Community benefit administration
- Health information systems management
- Health system administration
- Human resources
Why Study Health Administration at Grand Valley?
- Research opportunities. Some students will collaborate with faculty on ongoing research projects and other students will find or create research opportunities independently.
- Learning takes place using state-of-the-art equipment and instructional materials.
- Small class sizes and professors with practical experience, diverse specialties, and immense academic knowledge.
- Connections to professionals through the graduate student group, internships, and class assignments.
For More Information
School of Public, Nonprofit, and Health Administration
“I feel very fortunate to have made the choice to choose GVSU for my (M.H.A.) education. During my first semester, I secured an internship which has propelled me into health administration with a growing healthcare organization.”
View all Academic Programs offered by Grand Valley State University