Bicycle Rentals by Semester
How To Rent a Bike:
Fall: contact us for availability - quantities are limited. On-Campus distribution location during move-in week: We had a great turnout near the Connections on Allendale Campus on Monday, 8/19/13. There were a few bikes left, so contact us at 331-6700 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we can let you know the next distribution time.
Winter/Spring/Summer: contact us for availability - quantities are limited.
What do I need to do to rent a bike?
Visit a distribution location to fill out the “Bike Rental Program Rental Agreement Form”. Please be prepared to provide the following information:
- Student ID / G number
- E-mail address
- Phone #
- Local Address
- No cash/check/credit card – charge is placed on student account by G number and signed registration form indicating the correct charge and deposit
What is the charge?
$40 refundable process fee (refunded to student account upon return of the bicycle and lock)
$25 per Fall or Winter Semester
$40 for both Fall and Winter Semesters
$15 for Spring/Summer Semester
Upon return of the bike and lock, $40 will be refunded
Renewals may be made annually with no additional deposit
What is included in the rental?
- One refurbished bike
- One heavy duty bike lock (U-Lock)
- GVSU Bike Permit
Use of free, self-serve compressed air at various locations on Allendale Campus:
- CON (Connections off lot P) – East side of bldg. near bike racks
- SUB (South Utility Building off Lot N) – North side of bldg
What if my bike breaks down?
Return your bike to Lake Village -South apartments office for repair/loaner
Walk bike to LVA-South office off of Lot J
- Walk bike to LVA-South office off of Lot J
If bike is immobile, call (616) 331-6700 and we will help coordinate transport
- We have 2-3 loaner bikes, stored in a location at LVA-South (office)
What if I lose my bike lock key?
- Please contact us at (616) 331-6700 and we will help you acquire a new key.
Where do I return my bike?
You will receive an email with detailed return instructions when your rental term is coming due. Bikes should be returned to Laker Village South Apartments Community Center.
What if my bike is stolen?
Please contact Campus Public Safety / Security if you suspect your bike has been stolen. You will need to submit a copy of the police report in order to get your deposit back.
- Allendale Campus Public Safety: 331-3255
- Pew Campus Security: 331-6677
- Operations (to obtain info on your bike/permit # for police report): 331-6700
Page last modified December 6, 2013