WHAT DO WE DO?
- Administer all Graduate Education policies at GVSU
- Review and approve all exception to policy requests
- Administer the graduate assistantship program and Presidential Research Grant program
- Coordinate the work of the Graduate Council with the Office of the Provost and the University Academic Senate
- Host events throughout the year that foster collaboration among graduate students and faculty, and that recognize achievement in research and academic endeavors
- Work closely with Student Services and the Graduate Student Association to ensure the needs of graduate students are being met
- Meet regularly with stakeholders to discuss issues and resolve concerns facing graduate education at GVSU
To define and support excellence in graduate education and the scholarly and research activities associated with it. To articulate a vision of excellence in our actions and policies that affect students, faculty, and curriculum. To advocate for graduate education and graduate students within the university in terms of resources, services, and other activities that support graduate student endeavors and goals.
The Office of Graduate Studies will provide exemplary leadership and continuous support for the development and provision of distinctive and exemplary graduate education programs that prepare GVSU graduates to be effective leaders in their field, to be engaged, lifelong learners, to succeed in attaining desired employment or admission to further graduate or professional study, and to excel in a global environment. By focusing on the promotion of distinctive and exemplary graduate education programs, GVSU will become the university of choice for graduate students seeking a strong education in a Carnegie classification "Master's Large" institution of higher education that is grounded in a liberal arts tradition.
Page last modified October 1, 2012