Student Accounts

Third-Party Billing

Third party billing is when the University bills a company, or another organization that has agreed to pay all or a portion of a student's tuition, books and/or fees. Any student who is sponsored by a third party must submit a letter of authorization or tuition assistance voucher on the company or organization's letterhead. The amount authorized will be placed as a credit to the Student Account the day it is received in our office. Any portion not covered by a Third Party is the student's responsibility to pay by the semester due dates. The terms of the agreement are not based on grade received at the end of the semester. The authorization and/or voucher must include:

  • Student's name;
  • Social security number;
  • Semester covered;
  • Specific classes covered (or the amount or maximum dollar amount they will pay);
  • Address and phone number of the third party payer for billing purposes.

Please find below the list of current participants in the Third Party program:

  • MET (Michigan Education Trust)
  • Department of Veteran's Affairs (Vocational Rehab
    Chapter 31 pays 100% tuition for eligible students)
  • PA 245 (Michigan Veteran's Trust Fund)
    pays $2800 tuition annually for full time students
  • US Armed Services: Navy, Army, Marines, Coast Guard, National Guard
  • Hackley Hospital
  • Pratt & Whitney - UTC
  • Michigan Rehab Services also known as Voc Rehab or MRS
  • Michigan Commission for the Blind of Michigan
  • MI Works (also known as JTPA)
  • UAW GM Dependent Scholarship
  • UAW GM TAP Employee Tuition Assistance
  • UAW Daimler Chrysler
  • GM Salaried Dependents
  • Delphi Automotive
  • Eaton Education Assistance
  • Blue Care Network
  • Hillsdale Health
  • Battle Creek Health
  • Blue Cross / Blue Shield
  • Alcoa
  • Verizon
  • Diesel Technology

Anyone who receives a voucher or letter from one of the above listed organizations, please forward to Student Accounts Office. There are also many smaller companies or agencies that may be considered Third Party Billing. If you have any questions regarding Third Party Billing, please call Cheryl at 616-331-2278.


Grand Valley State University
Student Accounts Office,
ATTN:  Cheryl
1049 James H. Zumberge Hall (1049 JHZ)
1 Campus Drive
Allendale, MI 49401-9403

Page last modified June 4, 2014