Medical and Bioinformatics
The use of computer technology to manage and analyze information in healthcare and the life sciences.
Program Offerings at Grand Valley
The Master of Science (M.S.) degree in medical and bioinformatics is a Professional Science Masters (PSM) program developed in parallel with the biostatistics and cell and molecular biology programs.
The medical and bioinformatics program has strong analytics, teamwork, business, communication, project management, and ethics components, and includes an intensive health or life science internship.
The three PSM degree programs are interdisciplinary and feature common core courses. The medical and bioinformatics program features:
- Directed courses in medical and bioinformatics
- An internship
- A culminating capstone experience
Medical and bioinformatics prepares students for careers in:
- Hospital systems and other healthcare providers
- Health information technology system vendors
- Life sciences and pharmaceutical companies
- Government and non-governmental agencies
- Research institutes
Visit www.gvsu.edu/grad/bioinfo for more details.
Why Study Bioinformatics at Grand Valley?
- Innovative program designed to integrate university coursework with business and health industry internships to educate informatics professionals for the future.
- Collaboration with faculty members on ongoing research.
- Access to a high-performance computing laboratory for medical and bioinformatics needs.
- Qualified faculty members with a wide breadth of experience in industry and research.
For More Information
School of Computing And Information Systems
Medical and Bioinformatics Graduate Program
“Bioinformatics professionals are in growing demand. They need competencies in computer science, healthcare, biology, and statistics. Today's professionals have the unique opportunity of making best use of the large amount of data that is collected for healthcare and biological research.”
View all Academic Programs offered by Grand Valley State University