If the appendix material supports the project proposal, include it!
Keep in mind, however, that some sponsors do not allow appendix material or do not require reviewers to read anything other than the actual proposal. Do not use the Appendices as a way to evade sponsor required page limits on the Proposal Narrative.
On the other hand, some sponsors specify that certain items must be included in the Appendices and not as part of the main proposal. Usually, the Appendices will not count toward the minimum or maximum number of pages in this case.
When in doubt, review the sponsor's guidelines or call and ask. Or ask the OSP office to get clarification for you.
Appendices often include:
- Charts and graphs
- Evidence of previous experience in the area
- Letters of support, endorsement, or cooperation
- Previously tested modules
- Complex statistical formulae or computer programs
- Sample questionnaires or other assessment instruments
- Clearance to use facilities or to administer tests
- Samples of intended products to be developed
Page last modified August 2, 2011