Student Services Division
Mission, Vision, Values, and Goals
Campus Recreation - Career Center - Children's Enrichment Center - University Counseling Center - Dean of Students Office - Health Center - Housing and Residential Life - Kirkhof Center - LGBT Resource Center - Office of Multicultural Affairs - Office of Student Life & Event Services - Women's Center
The GVSU Division of Student Services connects students with opportunities to be enlightened, engaged, and responsible lifelong learners and productive global citizens.
The Division strives to be an exemplary community of educators who effectively enhance student success, promote student learning, and improve the overall quality of campus life for all students at Grand Valley State University. With a focus on inclusivity, the Division designs and delivers transformative programs that integrate academic learning with co-curricular experiences. The Division develops and partners with others to create and deliver diverse opportunities beyond the classroom that prepare students to be lifelong learners.
As integral members of the Grand Valley State community, the Division achieves a balance of challenge and support for students, centered on the values of
- intentional, engaged, integrated learning and scholarship;
- a liberal education,
- broad diversity and deep inclusivity with meaningful community connections, shared responsibility, and accountability for the common good;
- integration of best practices to promote and sustain positive change;
- sustainability based on the responsible use of human, fiscal, and natural resources; and
- effective continuous assessment and improvement of results.
- Improve the quality of support services and their systems of delivery to meet all students' needs.
- Provide opportunities for all students to connect their classroom learning to co-curricular experiences and events on campus, in the community, and around the world.
- Develop and sustain a rich, diverse learning and living environment in which students can thrive.
- Promote and model for students sustainable practices including social responsibility, environmental stewardship, and fiscal accountability.
- Support staff in accomplishing best practices and provide resources and support for staff to achieve goals.
- Incorporate planning and assessment in division initiatives.
- Maintain a safe and secure university community.
- Collaborate with the College of Education to enhance the College Student Affairs Leadership (CSAL) graduate program.
Page last modified October 11, 2013