The spring issue of Grand Valley Magazine will arrive in homes soon.
Readers will learn about the following stories, many which have extra video content:
• Cover: Why students and faculty members who traverse a gypsum mine say it's among the best educational tools.
• Alumni who play a big role in Michigan's craft brewing industry and how a faculty member is working to make that industry safer for employees.
• Why students in a history course dressed in makeshift period costumes and acted out the French Revolution.
• How the Art Galleries and Collections team works to preserve, diversify and manage the university's 13,000 pieces of artwork.
• A strategic effort to infuse global learning for all undergraduates may make Grand Valley distinctive and give students a leg up in the job market.