- Master of Science in Taxation (M.S.T.)
The program offers students who are interested in becoming tax specialists an intensive, concentrated learning experience that will explore the essential aspects of taxation and permit an in-depth investigation in areas of interest.
Program Offerings at Grand Valley
The Master of Science in taxation (M.S.T.) program is for students interested in expanding or continuing their education in taxation. It includes a minimum of 33 and maximum of 50 credits as described below:
- Prerequisites (if needed)
- Core courses in taxation
- Taxation or other business electives
Students will study a variety of subjects, including:
- Corporate tax
- Estate, gift, and trust
- International tax
- Partnership tax
- Employee benefit plans
- Multistate tax
The program was created in response to the need for skilled tax professionals by:
- Government auditors
- Industrial personnel
For more information, visit www.gvsu.edu/grad/mst/.
Why Study Taxation at Grand Valley?
- Connected. Faculty consult with firms and meet regularly with the Accounting Advisory Board, which includes partners of West Michigan firms and business leaders.
- Flexible. Students can pursue the degree part time or fast track their studies.
- Accessible. The Robert C. Pew campus brings students to the heart of the business center of downtown Grand Rapids.
- Accredited. Seidman is accredited by the AACSB International.
- Strategic. Students will examine substantive tax law and enhance their analytical and research skills.
For More Information
Seidman College of Business
Graduate Admissions Office
“The M.S.T. program is the perfect complement to my estate planning practice. The challenging curriculum and the outstanding professors have sharpened my critical thinking skills and enhanced my expertise, allowing me to better serve my clients.”
“My M.S.T. has given me the background to find the answers to the various tax and accounting scenarios I encounter on a daily basis.”
View all Academic Programs offered by Grand Valley State University