- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (B.S.E.)
Engineering graduates from this program are innovators whose designs enhance people's lives. Students can focus their studies in engineering fields that cut across traditional majors and can encompass other disciplines. These fields often emphasize emerging technologies, such as nanotechnology, advanced materials, and alternative and renewable energies. Students can study according to flexible plans that reflect individual interests.
Program Offerings at Grand Valley
Students are prepared for engineering careers and leadership roles through B.S.E. and M.S.E programs that integrate academic studies with hands-on learning and paid professional experiences in actual engineering companies.
An interdisciplinary engineering degree involves coursework in:
- Cooperative education
- Courses for a customized major
- Digital systems
- Materials science
The following are just a few career options for interdisciplinary engineering:
- Alternative and renewable energy engineer
- Energy engineer
- Materials engineer
- Microelectronic engineer
- Robotics engineer
- Roller coaster engineer
- Systems engineer
- Test engineer
Why Study Interdisciplinary Engineering at Grand Valley?
- Program accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org/.
- Personal attention in small classes and extensive hands-on and project-based learning in our student-focused, state-of-the-art teaching, laboratory, and project facilities.
- Study/work abroad available.
- Three semesters of paid cooperative-education work experience prior to graduation in recognized domestic and international engineering companies.
- Biomedical engineering minor available.
- Tremendous support from our industrial partners who fund many engineering scholarships for graduate and undergraduate students.
- A nearly 100-percent placement rate into work or graduate school for our graduates.
- An articulated bachelor's/master's program that allows high-achieving students to complete both the B.S.E. and the M.S.E. in as little as five calendar years.
For More Information
School of Engineering
“I can directly attribute my success now to the education I got in the School of Engineering.”
View all Academic Programs offered by Grand Valley State University