Minimum requirements for consideration:
1. Enrollment in an APA accredited graduate program in counseling or clinical psychology preferred.
2. All doctoral coursework completed and comprehensive exams passed by start of internship.
3. AAPI Intervention Hours: minimum 400 hours.
The members of the Intern Selection Committee also seek applicants who have had the following types of experiences:
- Clinical experience with university/college students
- Career development/Career counseling experience
- Interest in Diversity
- Comprehensive curriculum
Past interns have practicum experiences ranging from 500 hours to over 1500 hours. The Intern Selection Committee seeks interns who have had a minimum of 400 practicum hours and some experience in either a university counseling center, and/or experience with populations with similar issues.
Application materials should be submitted electronically through the "AAPI Online" service (accessed at www.appic.org) by November 15, 2012. A complete application file will include:
1. A cover letter addressing how our internship program fits with your training goals and interests.
2. Application content which includes a summary of personal and educational information, summary of doctoral experience, and four essays.
3. A current curriculum vita.
4. Copies of all official graduate transcripts.
5. Three letters of recommendation, preferrably at least two from people who have direct knowledge of your clinical skills.
» Deadline for receipt of all application materials: November 15, 2012
» Starting Date: July 16, 2013
This internship site agrees to abide by the APPIC policy that no person at this training facility will solicit, accept or use any ranking-related information from any intern applicant.
Grand Valley State University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. It is committed to protecting the constitutional and statutory civil rights of persons connected with the university.
Internship Match Code #135811
Please note: University regulations require that if you are matched with our site, the university will conduct a criminal background check at no cost to you. While employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, a crminal conviction is not an automatic bar to employment at the Counseling & Career Development Center. Eligibility for employment will be determined by the administration of the Counseling & Career Development Center and Human Resource Office.
» next page | Current and Prior Interns