Virtual EMS is an online reservation system that allows on campus organizations/departments to make their own reservations.
**PLEASE READ BEFORE USING VIRTUAL EMS**
When using Virtual EMS in Internet Explorer 8.0, the browser will only work after you press the compatibility button located on the right hand side of the web address.
How to Request a Room?
Online requests are only for the Kirkhof, Cook-DeWitt Center, LOH 167, Henry Hall Atrium, Kirkhof West Lawn and Cook-DeWitt Plaza. If you would like to request space in different locations please contact Event Services.
Creating an account for Virtual EMS:
Go to VirtualEMS website
- Choose "My Account"
- Choose "Create an Account"
- Fill in the form
***PLEASE REMEMBER THAT YOUR USER ID WILL ALWAYS BE YOUR COMPLETE EMAIL ADDRESS***
Below is a How To for using Virtual EMS:
Go to VirtualEMS website
- Hover the mouse over “Reservations” and click on “Room Request”
Fill in the sections with the information for your event:
- Date: Fill in your desired date(s). Online requests must be made 48 hours in advance
- Time: Fill in the time of your event. DO NOT include setup/teardown time. Event Services will add setup/teardown time based on what is need for your event
- Building: Please select the building that you would like you event to be held in
- Attendance: Indicate how many people will be in attendance for you event. This allows Virtual EMS to filter rooms based on your needs.
- Once you have filled in all of the appropriate fields click “Continue”
- A list of available rooms will appear on the right side of the screen.
- You can select a specific room, as you are submitting a room request which will place a hold on the space.
After you view room availability choose the "details" tab and fill in all of fields with your event information. Please note: If you have no "clients" in the client pulldown, you simply click on the magnifying glass, type in your student organization or department and then choose the appropriate client name.
- Event Name:
- Event Type: Select the type of event it will be: Meeting, Dinner, Informational Table, Fundraiser, etc.
- 1st Contact: Please enter your first and last name
- Phone: Please enter a phone number where you can be reached
- Fax: if available
- Email: Please enter an email that you check regularly where we can send a confirmation outlining the details of your reservation
- 2nd Contact: This is only needed if you have two (2) contacts for the event or if you would like a second party copied on correspondence with regard to this event
- FOAP and Catering FOAP: For departments only – if you are reserving media equipment of food service please enter the appropriate FOAP into the space provided
- KC – Setup Instructions: In this section please let us know of any special setup that you may need; podium, extra tables & placement of those tables, etc.
- Once all fields are filled in click “Submit.”
After you submit:
- Confirmation of your request is based on availability at the time of processing at Event Services. ***Submission does not guarantee a reservation***
- If you do not receive a confirmation within 72 business hours please check to be sure that your submission was not declined due to lack of availability.
If you have any questions regarding VirtualEMS, you can call Kellie at (616) 331-2350, email email@example.com, or come to the Event Services office located in 1110 Kirkhof Center.
Page last modified August 24, 2012