Department of Movement Science
Jennifer Olson, M.S.
Iowa State University B.S. M.S.
Phone: (616) 331-8875
Office Hours: Tuesday 1:00pm-4:00pm to Monday/Wednesday 8:00am-9:30am
Master of Science (Family and Consumer Science) , 1996, Iowa State University
Bachelor of Science ( Family and Consumer Sciences KH,VH/Health Certified) 1994, Iowa State University
Certified Teacher (Health Education grades 6-12)
PED 220: Individual and Dual Sports Teaching Methods K-12
PED 240: Methods for Teaching Fitness K-12
PED 307: Teaching Physical Education- Secondary
PED 431: Student Teaching Seminar
2012 Student Scholars Day – Faculty Mentor. Fitness (re)Considered.
2011-2012 Johnson, I.L. Administrator Activity Packet. Mini-Grant from CSCE. Grand Valley State University. October 1-April 1, 2012. Three GVSU students are involved in this project. Funded: $400
2011-2012 Johnson, I.L. PEW Technology Enhancement Grant: Technology for the Millennial Student: Using GPS in PE Teacher Education Courses. Used to purchase 30 GPS units for use in major courses to do the sport of Geocaching. Funded: $3000
Find me on Grand Scholar
Olson, J. & Smith, F. (1997) Assessing Adult Learners’ Interest in Family and Consumer Sciences. Journal of Family and Consumer Sciences, 89 (4), 8-12.
- Family and Consumer Sciences Educators of Michigan (July 2013)- Effectively Using “You Tube” Clips in the Classroom
- Michigan Model Training- High School (December 2012) Provided to 6-12 teachers at Kent ISD, MI
- Michigan Model Training- Elementary (November 2012) Provided to K-6 teachers at Kent ISD, MI
- Jump$tart Professional Development Conference (December 2011) at the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago Detroit Branch- Presented as teacher of the year discussing consumer health.
- Teaching Methods/Instruction Related to Health
- Michigan Model for Health
- Reproductive Health Education
- Family and Consumer Sciences
Page last modified November 7, 2013