Department of Movement Science
Jennifer Olson, M.S.
Office: B-2-215 Mackinac Hall
Phone: (616) 331-8875
- Master of Science (Family and Consumer Science) , 1996, Iowa State University
- Bachelor of Science ( Family and Consumer Sciences KH,VH/Health Certified) 1994, Iowa State University
- Certified Teacher (Health Education grades 6-12)
- PED 265: Health Education for Elementary Teachers
- PED 272: Reproductive Health Education
- PED 270: School Health Ed: Curriculum and Evaluation
- PED 301: Methods of Teaching Health Education
- Olson, J. & Smith, F. (1997) Assessing Adult Learners’ Interest in Family and Consumer Sciences. Journal of Family and Consumer Sciences, 89 (4), 8-12.
- Family and Consumer Sciences Educators of Michigan (July 2013) Effectively Using “YouTube” Clips in the Classroom
- Michigan Model Training - High School (December 2012) Provided to 6-12 teachers at Kent ISD, MI
- Michigan Model Training - Elementary (November 2012) Provided to K-6 teachers at Kent ISD, MI
- Jump$tart Professional Development Conference (December 2011) at the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago Detroit Branch - Presented as teacher of the year discussing consumer health.
- Teaching Methods/Instruction Related to Health
- Michigan Model for Health
- Reproductive Health Education
- Family and Consumer Sciences
Page last modified October 7, 2014