School of Public, Nonprofit and Health Administration


Many SPNHA students take advantage of the available scholarships that can help finance a higher education. What follows is information on some of these opportunities. (Note that The Grand Rapids Community Foundation, Robinson Memorial Scholarship, Harry S. Truman Scholarship, the two Government Finance Officers Association Scholarships and Coleman A. Young Scholars Program are not affiliated with SPNHA or GVSU.) For helpful information about scholarships, see

SPNHA Scholarships

For graduate & undergraduate

Caprice Wagner Memorial Scholarship (renewable)


For graduate students

Valerie Eggert Distinguished Scholarship in Philanthropy

Joyce Hecht Philanthropy Scholarship

Kurt Kimball Scholarship(renewable)


For undergraduate students

Dungey School of Public and NonProfit Administration Excellence Award



Other Scholarships

For graduate & undergraduate students

John H. Logie Fellows Program

Robert R. Robinson Memorial Scholarship

Government Finance Officers Associatio Scholarships

Grand Rapids Community Foundation Scholarships


For graduate students

KCP Future Faculty Fellows Program


For undergraduate students

Coleman A. Young Scholars Program

The Harry S. Truman Scholarship


GVSU Financial Aid

Undergraduate students can apply for various forms of federal, state and institutional financial aid available through Grand Valley State University's Office of Financial Aid.

Graduate students are also eligible for the federal loan and work-study programs coordinated by Grand Valley State University's Office of Financial Aid. Direct Loans are the primary source of assistance for GVSU graduate students. Graduate students who are independent may borrow up to their cost of education with a combination of subsidized and unsubsidized Direct Loans. (See The Department of Education's William D. Ford Direct Loan Program for details.)


Other Scholarship & Loan Resources

The following free web-based databases identify sources of scholarships and loans for undergraduate through postgraduate study.



Page last modified March 4, 2014